The purpose of SORA shall be to foster in the broadest manner statistics and its applications, and to promote unity and effectiveness of effort among all groups in the Southern Ontario area having an interest in or being concerned with statistical problems.
SORA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2017-2018
- President (SSC Regional Association): Hanna Jankowski (York University, Toronto) [term 2015-2018]
- President (ASA Chapter): Fernando Camacho (DAMOS Inc., Toronto) [term 2016-2019]
- Secretary: Hugh McCague (York University, Toronto) [term 2017-2020]
- Treasurer: Michael Rotondi (York University, Toronto) [term 2015-2018]
- Past President: Xin Gao (York University, Toronto)
- Chair, Business Analytics Seminar: Alison Burnham
- Representative to the ASA Council of Chapters: Vacant [term 2016-2019]
- Web Editor: Peter Macdonald (McMaster University, Hamilton)
- Member at Large: Keyue Ding (Queen’s University, Kingston)
- Member at Large: Eshetu G. Atenafu (University Health Network, Toronto)
The SORA Executive welcomes your comments and suggestions! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO JOIN
You can pay your SORA dues with your SSC membership, with your ASA membership, directly to SORA at any of our events, or by completing and mailing the SORA Membership Application with your cheque. For more information, contact email@example.com. You do not need to belong to the ASA or the SSC to be a member of SORA. Some of our members pay more than once, through both the SSC and the ASA for example; we thank them for their generosity but you only need to pay once. The annual dues are $10 for regular members and no charge for students or retired members. Please note that because of fluctuating rates of exchange and differences in membership year end, the dues requested may not be exactly the same through each route.
To receive news and notices of SORA events, please sign up for the g-sora mailing list. You do not need to be a SORA member to join to the list. You may unsubscribe yourself from this list at any time. Only the list administrators may post to the list.